Thursday, January 8, 2009

Anybody need a .NET engineer?

So they finally got around to laying off myself and another engineer at Rastar.
They lost our biggest account, and had to make drastic cuts.

And I couldn't be happier.

That place was sucking the soul right out of me.
I stuck around long enough to get a severance package, which is a lot more than I would have gotten if I had just quit like I nearly did several times within the last month.
For the time being, I'll be working exclusively for the Constable's Office, and looking for another programming job.

So ends the drama...

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I've been out of town and generally disconnected for the last couple weeks so I just barely read this posting. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. What a pain. However, I'm happy that you are able to get away from there and get yourself into a happier place. Try drugs. I've been told they help.

    ReplyDelete