Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kids say the darndest things...

I have been spending a lot of time working for the Constable's office lately, and tonight I had something unexpected happen.
While serving a woman an order to appear before the court, her kids were hanging right behind her to see what was happening. They were pre-teens, a boy about 12 and a girl about 10, and they both looked like the kind of kids who are getting in trouble (inasmuch as you can tell that type of thing from a first glance...)

I explained the order to the woman, and really didn't do anything differently than usual. The unexpected came when I had finished, before the woman shut the door.

The girl suddenly called from behind her mother "You're the nicest cop I've ever met!"

After the week I've had, I'll take that.

No comments:

Post a Comment