Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The New Job

You are now reading the blog of a Test Engineer for GE Healthcare & Intermountain Healthcare.
I accepted a position with GE/IHC today, and tomorrow morning I will be working directly at the new IHC Medical Center in Murray. This is fantastic news, but it has been very stressful for me because I had already accepted a job offer from Sorenson Communications and was scheduled to start work for them on Monday.

So I've just had to make a couple of tough phone calls, to my recruiter at ConsultNet who got me the job with Sorenson (and did a fantastic job of getting me a job quickly), and then to the manager at Sorenson who had hired me. But I couldn't turn down a job offer for 20% more pay than I would be making at Sorenson.

Thus ends Ted's whiney job search saga.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled mindless drivel...

2 comments: